Saturday, June 4, 2011

Best Friends Means ...

If you know me personally, you know that I am one of the most opinionated and up front people there are. I can be very hardheaded and bitchy to say the least. Unfortunately, that has lead to my now strained relationship with my best friend, Kayla.

I tend to offer my advice even when it isn't asked for. I like to think it's because my assessment of my
friend's lives are important.

I have now realized I can no longer voice my opinion unless it is for the greater good of the person I care about.

This is a formal and heartfelt apology to the one person who I should have treated with kindness because she is the kind of person who would go out of their way for a friend and poses no judgment on me whatsoever.

Kayla,

I am sorry. Your decisions and actions you have taken over the last couple months are your business and as your best friend I should not have abandoned you like I did. Although I do not agree with
the choices you made and the life you are about to bear, it is my duty as your best friend to hold your hand, and hair back, along the way

You gave me a place to lay my head when I was being a spoiled brat and ran away from home. You answered your phone and let me cry your ear off when I had boy problems. And most of all, you
have never once asked for anything in return.

You are the most giving person I have ever met and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I was selfish to leave you in the midst of troubles that were coming down on you and to turn my back meant I was a coward instead of lending you a helping hand. If anyone knows you it's me, and I know you have a loving heart and have so much love to give.

I can't wait to meet your bundle of joy and I know they will be just as caring and loving as you are. I only hope that you will allow me to partake on your journey of motherhood.

Love,

Venessa

No comments:

Post a Comment